Slow Cooker Rice Pudding Recipe - How to Make Slow Cooker Rice Pudding, Rice Pudding Recipe

Slow Cooker Rice Pudding Recipe - How to Make Slow Cooker Rice Pudding, Rice Pudding Recipe

Bjbj Walter: Jan. Jan: Yes? Walter: Do you
like rice pudding? Jan: I love rice pudding. Walter: You know, my mamma made rice pudding
when I was a little kid and I didn t like it. Jan: My mother never made it.

Walter:
So I don t make it that way. We re going to do it in the slow cooker. Jan: Anything in
a slow cooker is OK with me. Walter: Me too.

We ve got in there -gallon of milk. Jan: That
s a lot of milk. Walter: That s a lot of milk. Here is a full cup of rice.

Jan: All right.
Walter: That s not enough rice to make that thick, is it? Jan: Walter: It will, trust
me. Jan: You promise? Walter: Yeah. Jan: All right. Walter: Then you put in a full cup
of sweetening.

That can be sugar; in this case it s going to be Splenda. I just want
to prove to you that you can do it either with sugar or Splenda. Jan: You said we could
do this with brown sugar, too. Walter: I think you can.

I ve never tried it. Jan: I might
try that. Walter: I believe it would taste wonderful. We put just a pinch of salt, and
that s all you have to put in at this stage.

Jan: That was pretty easy. Walter: Just stir
that up. This whole thing is easy; different from a lot of slow cooker recipes. This one
is not one that you can just turn on, leave the house, come back 8 hours later and it
s done.

Jan: You might end up with a big bubbly mess on the bottom. Walter: I certainly did
when I did that. Jan: I would never do that. Walter: No, I thought not.

Put it on high;
let it cook for 1 hours. Then violating all the rules of slow cooking, take the lid off,
stir it up good. Add some nutmeg, or if in your case you think cinnamon, but you re wrong.
Jan: I think cinnamon s right. Walter: Nutmeg, and then let it cook for another 1 hours on
high, but sort of watch it toward the end of that.

Give it a stir about 1 hour, 1 hour
15 minutes into that. If it s thick enough, stop. Jan: Turn it off. Walter: If not, let
it cook a little longer.

The question is, how thick is thick enough? Jan: That s a good
point. Walter: That depends on how you like it. Jan: All right. I like it pretty thick.
Walter: OK.

I like it sort of creamy. Take a look at the centerpiece while I get one
to show you, that is made, to look creamy because it is. By the way, if you d like,
you can add some butter in that first one. You don t have to.

Jan: I usually like. Walter:
Yeah, I do too. This one has some butter. It will continue to thicken after you turn
it off.

Jan: You just chill it after that. Walter: After that you chill it and you re
ready to go. There you see, now isn t that a pretty little dessert? Jan: That s beautiful.
Walter: Has a lot of flavor. If you just have to, you can put raisins in it.

Jan: You could
put other dried fruit, too. Walter: I strongly recommend against it because they get soggy.
When they cook that long, they get overcooked and they re unpleasant. I absolutely love
this rice pudding, even though it s not made the way my mamma made it. I tell you all this
and some additional details if you write and get the recipe.

You know how to do that: Chef
s Recipe, 6450 Papermill Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37919. Sending a self-addressed,
stamped envelope. Go to Local8now.Com, and there, I give you all the choices about when
to stop. Jan: That looks pretty good to me.

Walter: s good, it s easy, and I think even
kids would eat it. Jan: I guarantee you mine would. Walter: All right. H1*6 :p1*6 [Content_Types].Xml
Iw}, $yi} _rels/.Rels theme/theme/themeManager.Xml sQ}# theme/theme/theme1.Xml w toc'v )I`n 3Vq%'#q
:\TZaG L+M2 e\O* $*c? Qg20pp \}DU4 hsF+ ,)''K.

K4'+ vt]K O@%\w S; Z |s*Y 0X4D) ?*|F -45x
/Y|t theme/theme/_rels/themeManager.Xml.Rels 6?$Q K(M&$R(.1 [Content_Types].XmlPK _rels/.RelsPK
theme/theme/themeManager.XmlPK theme/theme/theme1.XmlPK. Theme/theme/_rels/themeManager.Xml.RelsPK
<?Xml version="1.0" Encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <A:clrMap xmlns:a="http://schemas.Openxmlformats.Org/drawingml/2006/main"
bg1="lt1" tx1="dk1" bg2="lt2" tx2="dk2" accent1="accent1" accent2="accent2" accent3="accent3" accent4="accent4"
accent5="accent5" accent6="accent6" h Office Word Grizli777 Title Microsoft Office Word 97-2003 Document MSWordDoc Word.Document.8.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes