Gluten Free Christmas PuddingKerryAnn Dunlop

Gluten Free Christmas PuddingKerryAnn Dunlop

Hi Food Tube. Kerry-Ann here its Christmas. And what screams Christmas
better than a good ol fashioned Christmas pudding. I'm
gonna show you how to make a gluten free Christmas pudding, so everyone can tuck in cause why should
you miss out on this Christmas classic just because you can't eat gluten.

It's rich, sweet, beautiful dried fruits plumped up with festive brandy. You can't beat it. Christmas is all about
family. Is all about everyone coming together and in our house a good Christmas
pudding is essential.

This recipe will serve about 10 to 12
people. Let's get on with it. This recipe actually started yesterday I
mixed some current sour cherries, raisins, dates, mixed
peel in a bowl. It doesn't matter which fruit you use, as long as there's four hundred and sixty grams or 16 ounces in total.

Zest and juice of
1 lime and half an orange 75mls of cold assam tea, and
then add two and a half tablespoons of brandy. Half a teaspoon of mixed spice and a
quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon Mix it all together and put to one side.
I left mine overnight to steap and soak up all those lovely flavours. And this is what I'm left with today. See how the fruit's gone all plump and juicy looking.

So I'm going to get a nice big bowl. And then I'm going to put all my fruit into that. I'm gonna add 170
grams of soft dark brown sugar. 50 Grams of chopped almonds, lovely.

A nice tablespoon of golden syrup. A cooking apple. We're going to grate it straight in, skin and everything but I'm only going to use half. Give this a nice quick mix, and then I
need 110 grams of gluten free bread crumbs.

This is slightly stale gluten-free bread
wizzed up in a food processor. I need a 110 grams of gluten-free suet. It's readily available at most health food shops. Traditional suet often contains wheat
flour which is no good for those with gluten intolerance.

I'm adding 25 grams of rice flour which is
a common substitute for wheat flour in gluten-free recipes and then 25 grams cornflower or corn
starch. A teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder two medium to large free-range eggs, and one extra yolk. And we mix that in as well. It smells amazing.

Right, so we got our mix all nice and ready. Here I have a 1.5 Litre pudding basin. Which I have liberally greased with some butter. It is Christmas after all.

This should fill the basin two-thirds of the way up, because it will
grow So we'll level it off. On top of this I want to add a cartouche, which is
basically a posh way of saying a circle of grease proof paper. Nice and snug. And then I'm gonna cover this with two layers of foil.

And you can tie it up. Nice little Christmas present. This might be a little bit difficult to
take out of a hot pan like that. So, what we gonna do is, we're gonna use another piece of string.

I'm gonna make a little safe handle. So there you have it my friend Christmas pudding ready for steaming and if you have a look in this pot, I have an upside down saucer. I'm going to place the  pudding on top. That's all we don't want
to put the bottom of the basin onto the
bottom of the pan because it's going to be cooking for at least eight hours and over that period of time on the direct heat it will burn your pudding, which will make
it go bitter.

It won't take very nice, and all that effort will be a complete waste. So
don't forget the saucer in the bottom of pan. Now to this pan I'm gonna add some boiling water to half  way up the basin. We want to get the lid on straight away, and we want to bring it to a boil.

Now, once it's boiling, turn it down, and leave it to simmer for eight hours. Now, don't think you're getting off lightly, cos you're not. You can't just leave it, because the water will eventually boil dry. That means no steam.

That means no cooking. That means no pudding. Everybody's Christmas is ruined and it's all your fault. What you need to do is come back every
hour and a half, and just make sure that the water is
always half way up the basin, and your pudding will be perfect.

It's been eight hours. This is so exciting. And be careful friends, because it is very hot. Ready, steady, Christmas Pudding.

Look at that. I really, really, really, really wish that
you guys could smell this because it smells so good. It's actually making my mouth water. I've got a lovely platter on the go, and quick and confident, over you go.

Look at that. It's ready. Now for the fun part. The decoration.

It's so worth the effort to make this rich and totally delicious it wouldn't
be Christmas without one of these on the table. I've decorate it with a little bit of
cream it's a little bit naughty, but it is Christmas after all. I'm sure that you're allowed a treat every now and again. There you have it my Food Tube friends.
Gluten-free Christmas pudding.

And if you're looking for something to
go with this amazing Christmas Pudding, check out my homemade custard recipe here, give it a go. Have fun. Don't stress. It's Christmas.

There's
enough to worry about already. Enjoy yourself and have a great time. See you soon. Click the link to subscribe if you like what we're doing and wanna see more great stuff, and if you want to see more of what I do then head on over to my channel and
click that.

Subscribe it is free, so it won't hurt. Happy Cooking!.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes