How to Make Rice PuddingEasy Rice Pudding Recipe

How to Make Rice PuddingEasy Rice Pudding Recipe

How to make rice pudding | easy rice pudding
recipe Hello and welcome back to In the Kitchen with
Matt, I am your host Matt Taylor. Today I am going to teach you how to make
rice pudding. I had a request to make a video on rice pudding,
so here we go, it's really easy to do, using simple everyday ingredients, let's get started. Ok so I am going to take a pot, so this is
going to be a one-pot method, traditionally two pots were used, I am just going to do
everything in the same pot, it works out fine.

So I got a medium sized pot here and I am
going to add ? Cup plus 2 Tablespoons, of rice, this is long grain rice but you can
use medium grain or short grain rice. Now this is only going to make about 2 servings,
so if you want to make a lot more just double or triple the recipe, then I am going to add
three quarters cup of water, and I am going to add one eight teaspoon of salt. Go ahead and give this a stir, now let's go
ahead and take this over to the stovetop and cook the rice. All right I have the rice going, I have it
on medium high heat, and we want to bring this to a boil, now if you want to cook your
rice, like in a separate rice cooker, you can certainly do that, for example if you
have a meal and you want to make some rice, for rice pudding, and use some extra rice
for something else, just go ahead and use that.

All right once we have our water boiling,
I am going to go ahead and turn down the heat to medium-low to let it simmer, for 10 to
15 minutes until the rice is soft but not super soft, and I am also going to cover this,
and then every once in awhile I am going to come in here and give it a nice little stir,
so we don't get it sticking on the bottom, looks like our rice is there. The water has absorbed, now what we are going
to do is we are going to add two cups of milk, you can add whole milk, 2%, 1%, if you use
whole milk it is going to be a little bit more creamy, if you use 2% or 1% it will be
less so, then let's turn the heat up to medium, then let's add one fourth cup of sugar, we
will give this a good stir, then we are going to continue to cook this, until the rice and
the milk all come together, and it will have a thicker consistency, it will, once we cool
it, it will get a little thicker, now you can actually stop at whatever consistency
you want, remember it is going to thicken up more when we let it cool, but I could stop
right now and this would be okay, I like it just a little thicker, so I am going to let
it cook here for uh, a couple of more minutes. It has been about 20 minutes total, now when
it gets to this stage where it is fairly thick, and it is bubbling a lot, you want to make
sure to stir it more frequently then before, otherwise it may burn on the bottom, and as
you notice I am using a nonstick, Teflon, pot, which really helps out, but it is not
necessary to use this kind of a pot you can use any pot. So now it is about the consistency that I
want it, like a thick porridge or like a runny oatmeal, great so I am going to turn down,
turn off the heat here, and we are going to continue to stir it, and then once the bubbles
subside here, I am going to go ahead and add in, ? Tsp.

Of vanilla extract. And also at this point if you want it a little
creamy you could add about a fourth cup of heavy whipping cream, also if you want to
add raisins you can add raisins in, you would probably do that half way before it is done,
just so that the raisins get soft, if you want your raisins to be harder go ahead and
put them in right now, now as you can see it is a nice consistency here, let's go ahead
and take this over and transfer this over to our serving bowls, now what I am going
to do is I am going to go ahead and transfer it to my little dishes here. All right at this point to you can eat it
warm just like this, but if you want it to be cooled, what you will do is take some plastic
wrap, and you will just cover it loosely with plastic wrap, and you could just put it in
the fridge and let it cool, simple as that. Also what I like to do is you come in here
with some cinnamon, and top it off with some cinnamon, awesome.

All right our rice pudding is done. It turned out amazing, really easy to do,
if I can do it you can do it, I am Matt Taylor this has been another episode of In the Kitchen
with Matt, thank you for joining me, as always if you have any questions or comments put
them down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can, thumbs up, down in the corner,
push it, don't forget to subscribe to my channel and check out my other videos, take care. Time for me to dive into this, oh yeah, mmm,
mmm, mmm..

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes