Vegan For 30 DaysThe Test Friends

Vegan For 30 DaysThe Test Friends

- I guess what I think veganism is... - I went to vegans for Dummies. - I don't know much about veganism, but what I do know... - (Laughs) It sucks! (Intense music) - Starting tomorrow, the
four of us will be vegans for the next thirty days.

- I don't feel good about
being on a vegan diet. - Hell no. (Laughs) - What am I going to do with tofu? - I would probably suckle
directly from a cow's teat. - My diet now is like whatever.

- I don't know what I'm
going to do without cheese. - Yeah, I have some concerns. One, my sanity. - I just hate the thought of like restricting what I eat.

- We're doing this for a month because we actually do want to really have the time to take this seriously and learn about what
it means to be a vegan. - I wanna try a vegan diet maybe because that's the way of the future. - I feel like this'll be a good cleanse for my body. - To say, at the end of this, that I will go vegan, very slim chances.

However, maybe I come out of this and get in the habit of cooking more and just doing better things
to my body in general. - It's day one, and Ryan already cheated. - [Ryan] Alright, so she just recorded me saying I'm eating this... - I'm eating salad all day.

We are going to meet with the nutritionist and get some advice because none of us know how to be good vegans. - I work out a lot, and I'm
really concerned about protein. - You actually don't have
to worry too much about it because a lot of the grains
in the plant-based foods that you're eating, that
replace the protein, so the grains, the legumes, the beans... Those foods have a lot of protein in them.

- [Jared] Is there anything
vegan that's delicious? - Yeah, there's tons of stuff that's vegan that's delicious.
- [Jared] Like what? - Like avocados are delicious, I like most fruits and vegetables, so... - Great. Thank you so much! - You're welcome! - This has been very, very illuminating. - I am no longer happy when I'm hungry.

And that's kind of sad. - It's really sad. - [Jared] Yeah, it's a little sad. - [Jen] Three hot dogs at work, - [Jared] Three hot
dogs, but we're getting vegan hot dogs...

- Vegan hot dogs. - Getting a chili dog, must be nice. But I'm not afforded that luxury because BuzzFeed is
hell-bent on punishing me for no reason. - We're about two weeks into being vegan and I feel pretty much the same.

I think I'm just a tired
person to begin with, so any other additional tiredness just kinds of blends in. - It's definitely been
like a roller coaster, both mentally and physically. Over the past couple of days, I've been like pushing
myself to go out to different vegan restaurants and try a bunch of awesome vegan cuisine. - I've actually started
paying a lot more attention to what I eat, and I've been eating a
lot more fresh veggies, and I've been eating a
lot more varied foods.

- I feel really tired all the time. I'm constantly tired and I
think it's because my body is lacking protein. - Cheated again! - It wasn't my fault! This guy! Not me! - So we realized on day one, as (inaudiable) holds a cream
cheese bagel in his hand, that people were just
going to cheat willy-nilly if we didn't have some
kind of rule going on. So now, we have a rule where if you cheat, you get a punishment.

- Long story short, Justin Tan
had a turkey vegan sandwich, or what he thought was
a turkey vegan sandwich, gave it to me, and was like
"wow, you've got to taste this vegan sandwich, it's pretty good." - I thought it was vegan! - [Ryan] He told me
this sandwich was vegan from the (bleep) green vegan truck! - As part of Ryan's punishment, we got him a veggie burger and then Justin will be eating his favorite meal, which happens to be... - A four-by-four from In-N-Out. - Yo! What's up? - [Ryan] Are you freaking kidding me? What the? Wait, are you serious? - [Justin] Come on and have a seat, man. You have a nice, tasty veggie
burger waiting for you.

- You piece of (bleep)! - Here, I'm going to
take my first bite here. Mmm. - (Bleep) you. - There's an ice cream truck today.

And we can have none of it. - Yeah, man! Ice cream! - Brett Wood. Brett Wood! - I'm in the last week of veganism. And I feel...

Ready for a burger. - In the beginning, I was
using a lot of fake meat to replace real meat, and it was actually making
me feel a lot worse. After that, I decided to start
eating more natural food. So, more fruits, more veggies, and I started to feel a lot better.

- I do think it's possible
to be a meat eater and to use dairy without contributing to sort of cruel practices, like, there are farms that
treat their animals ethically. - In the last week of
this, we are going to our coworker Caroline's house where she's going to cook us a vegan meal that's actually good. She's a vegan expert,
so I'll have a chance to eat something that's
not beans and rice. (Light music) - I'm vegan.

- I'm vegetarian. - But an excellent vegan chef. A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to Daysha and Ryan about
what they were eating, and it was making me very sad, so I wanted to show them
what actual vegan food can be like. - [Roni] We're going to do yellow curry, we're going to do some lard, and then a sweet sticky rice, coconut, and mango.

- [Daysha] We're like
where the kids helping out at Thanksgiving dinner. - [Roni] Whenever somebody's milling about major life choices like
the food you're gonna eat, the thing that you really
define your culture by, that can be really off-putting
to a lot of people. But I think if you show it like this, that you can make delicious food that's not a deprivation, I think that's much more
encouraging to people to lead a healthier life. Maybe the last little
bit is very necessary, in our changing environment.

- I'm no longer vegan. It's been one week since
our experiment ended. I feel pretty good. - It definitely had its highs and lows.

But overall, I would say
being a vegan wasn't terrible. - Going into this, I didn't really know what being vegan was about, as far as why people do it. And now I understand why. It's (bleep)ed up, all
the stuff that we do to get the meat that we do.

- Reintroducing meat
and dairy into my diet wasn't the mind-blowing
thing that I thought it was going to be. It was just like "oh,
yeah, it's just food." - You know, maybe I'll find some more ethically raised meat. Chipotle serves ethically raised meat. - Your diet is often tied
very closely to your identity and your culture, and I
think huge diet changes can be really difficult to adopt.

Not just on a superficial taste level, but also on an emotional
and a cultural level. I sort of have a greater appreciation for what goes into my food and what goes into my body. - I'm just very appreciative of the fact that being vegan has helped me feel good when eating. I think that my whole life, I've always struggled with food and making sure I'm eating right, and trying to be a certain size.

You just learn how to eat right, that feeling of feeling
good feels so much better than trying to be a certain size..

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes