VEGAN HOT DOG

VEGAN HOT DOG

Hey folks it is Barry here welcome to my virgin
kitchen today is our second video in hot dog month we are making a vegan hot dog, shiver
me timbers, lets do it. Alright then you are probably wondering why the queen is in my
kitchen basically if you are following me on twitter you will already know and you guys
loved it, when you are filming on your own it is hard to focus at distance so she helps
me with that now and I can zoom in on her, focus and all that stuff then put her to one
side like that, but we cannot call her the queen it is probably copyright and all that
stuff beheaded etc so she needs a nickname maybe ruth something like that let me know
down below any suggestions, vegan / vegetarian recipes I have a playlist up here and there
is a link down below I am a meat eater I love chicken and steak and pork all that stuff
but whenever I make vegetarian stuff it blows my mind. I am hoping that these do today and
that you give it a go too, the ingredients I have not stopped doing this one of you guys
mentioned this I have not stopped, I just forgot in the last video, hit pause on the
video now, write down all the ingredients, lets get cracking. Alright so you will already
see I have made the guacamole it is fresh and so easy to make basically combining all
the guacamole ingredients in a bowl the avocado coriander chopped chilli lime juice and grated
carrot which is optional but just gives it some more colour in there, beat it all together
until you have a nice thick chunky guacamole and keep in the fridge which is what I am
going to do right now.

In the last recipe I did the pulled pork hot
dog you will see that I toasted my buns I. Did that already here, this is toasted but
that is a wholemeal bun today. So toast your buns, optional.
Alright so into our bowl goes the sweetcorn oh yes, massive mound of sweetcorn, chickpeas,
massive mound of chickpeas which I have mostly drained off. I used to have a subscriber that
messaged me from time to time that is obsessed with chickpeas and I know she will be watching
this video, but it tended to be she would only watch chickpea videos so hey, how is
it going.

Lets just get the red chilli in there too,
oh yes, little bit of kick. In goes the cumin I am going to go for a good two teaspoons
of that I really want to get some flavour in there and about the equal amount in smoked
paprika too. Loving that colour contrast that is pretty cool, and just to lubricate it a
little bit, some lime juice, and a little bit of lime juice too and thinking about it
I should have done it before I squeezed the juice as it is a bit harder so get the zest
in before the juice. Remember folks I am self taught hence the
name my virgin kitchen I was a virgin in the kitchen loads of people ask me that and google
it for the wrong reason, but if I can make this you definitely can we are going to mash
this up now, woah! Your eyes are not deceiving you I started
to mash in this bowl and it is way too small so I am getting this enormous food bowl and
to be honest to save time if you have a food blender you can just whizz it up but I wanted
to show you the manual way ok, so we are just going to press together get it all nice and
combined before adding the flour, to help thicken the mixture up, oh yeah.
I tell you what this is a hell of a workout I will be like check out the guns on this
arm, not this arm ok just that arm.

Alright so I am just adding in the flour, I am really
happy with the texture it is kind of moist bit emotional all that stuff, but adding the
flour will thicken it so I am using a spoon just to work it all around let it grip together,
may need another 2 tablespoons of that so I will let you know, in fact you already will
know the full amount you are going to need. Really happy with that it was 3 tablespoons
and it does look like tuna mayo it is a lot more mouldable if that makes sense so I can
definitely shape it, it has to go in the fridge anyway so what I am going to do is shape it
and put it in the fridge then do one quick shape again to get our hot dog shape.
I have just spread a good tablespoon of the mixture onto some clingfilm and spread it
out like this so what we are going to do is bring it over like so, press it down a little
bit and I am just going to keep rolling it to get the shape, wahey! So this in itself
is going to be enough for 2 hotdogs. So we will get it nice and even fridge it initially,
and then when it comes out before it is nice and firm before we cook it I am going to remould
it again to get that shape, just right. Alright so I have my pan on there is some oil in there
just enough to submerge it for that fake tan look, I have taken my sausage wahey out of
the fridge and I have some plain flour to roll it and hold that shape a little bit sit
it in the pan like so, that first bit you want to cook it make sure it is firming up
well before we roll it otherwise it could fall apart so keep your eye on it, it is starting
to brown there so we will move it around.

Alright so just roll that over you can see
the colour has changed slightly, gives me enough now to cook the bottom side of it and
keep moving it around until nice and golden brown. I am really happy with that colour
there and have 3 more to cook up I will rest it on some kitchen towel right her, and we
will bring it all together. So we have the toasted wholemeal roll there
with a gap down it I made an incision and I am pushing the guacamole as far into it
as I can to make it a little wider for that opeing and a nice big bed to sit our dog in
, so in goes our dog, oh my gosh I am going to give some more guacamole loving around
the edges here, get that all around there, push it right down, loving that I fully loaded
it and right here I have some different colour tomatoes yellow and red so I am just going
to put them in there, oh my gosh it kind of looks like a traffic light with the red green
and yellow there looking good, loving it, these are some sliced mushrooms that I cooked
up earlier in a pan, so scatter those on top. Those mushrooms looking amazing, one last
thing, I was not sure and asked mrs barry do vegans have bbq sauce and I just checked
the ingredients you do so we are going to give it a good cover of bbq sauce up and down
there like that, check that out! Little picture for social media, boom chick
a wow wow, lets get mrs barry for a taste test.

Do you like it, yeah I do, it is really
good, explain what it tastes like, lime, like a lime, just a lime, she has a bbq moustache
going on too, and you just got some on my face there we go then guys hope you try the
recipe out, give it a go send me a picture @myvirginkitchen let me know down below anymore
recipe suggestions for hot dog month and see you next time, think she likes it, hmmm.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes