VEGETARIAN QUINOA CHILLI RECIPE

VEGETARIAN QUINOA CHILLI RECIPE

Howdy folks how's it going welcome to my virgin
kitchen today i'm showing you how to make a vegetarian quinoa chilli good times.
Looks amazing right and i've had so many recipe requests come through at the moment I decided
to merge a couple together so i've got Craig Wigmore, Skitzyskitzo, Sina Mandarina, SpiritHolly
amongst others who have asked me to make recipes with quinoa vegetarian recipes and a healthy
chilli so i've merged these together and it's bloomin good. It's cheap. It's filling, it's
quick, it's easy, it's delicious, it's so customisable you can add meat in it you can
make it vegan by not adding the sour cream at the end all that stuff it's cute to look
at, it's pretty, it's cute actually it's not as cute as Chloe trying to sing vanilla ice,
Chloe can you say ice ice baby, ice ice baby yeah!
But it is really good I hope i've sold it to you my kids absolutely loved it at the
end hence the reason I made mine kind of mild if you wanna have a go at making this hit
pause on the video now write all these ingredients down lets do it.
First up we're gonna work on our quinoa now I don't know if it's just me whenever I see
the word quinoa I don't wanna say quinoa I. Wanna say key knower it's like mentally i'm
like key knower key knower key knower not someone who knows loads of stuff about keys
hi would you like to know something about keys, no just quinoa just I dunno....
Plonk your water into a saucepan and then add on top your rinsed quinoa you want to
put this onto a low flame on your hob and then cover just simmer it for a good 15 minutes
until it's all fully absorbed.

So while that is happening grab yourself a large pan add
in your oil to get it nice and hot before adding in the chopped red onion you wanna
let that soften for a good 5 minutes before tipping in your chopped garlic, cumin and
chilli powder mixing it together until it's nice and coated.
And just to re-iterate I made this nice and super mild you might wanna ramp up those flavours
it's all about customising it and making it the way you want it to taste good times. So
give the onions, garlic and spices around about 1 or 2 minutes together to get it nice
and coated before adding in your tomatoes your mixed beans with a little extra water
from the tin, your peppers and courgettes, oregano and a good grinding of black pepper.
Give it a darn good stir together and let it simmer away for a good 15-20 minutes for
all those flavours to mingle together. I went quite leniant with my peppers too I went for
some sweet bell peppers along with some standard ones these are really sweet with a nice crunch
to them but if you really want to ramp it up you could use scotch bonnets anything like
that make this dish your own that's what it's all about. Once you are happy with the texture
of your chilli pour in you quinoa and sweetcorn stir it all through so it's nice and combined
and then warm it through for around about 5 minutes so it's all nice and combined under
a low flame.

All I did was grab myself a funky little bowl,
a darn good spoonful right in there, sprinkled on a little bit of grated cheese, some sour
cream and a little sprinkling of fresh chopped coriander so so good I loved it it was stonkingly
good those little beads of quinoa so so good just working their way down there, the kids
loved it too. Chloe is that nice? Hmmmm oh my goodness look
at that mouthful boom. Phoebe do you like it? Yeah. How much do you like it out of 1
and 400 100 million thousand 80 thousand.

Ooooh my goodness guys this is bum smackingly
good the quinoa is sort of filling all the gaps it's holding and bringing together all
those flavours it's got an amazing texture on it too. I'm loving it and you know what
the next day it's probably gonna taste even better I don't know why it does that it's
probably the flavours mingling together even more but i'm loving it and I really hope you
give it a try if you do send me a picture on instagram and twitter and facebook all
that stuff @myvirginkitchen and if you enjoyed this video don't forget to give it a thumbs
up share subscribe comment all tha stuff helps the channel grow and i'll see you again next
time..

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes