How To Cook Spinach Pesto Pasta Cooking For Kids

How To Cook Spinach Pesto Pasta Cooking For Kids

Hi, I'm Fionna, author of 25 Foods Kids Hate
and How To Get Them Eating 24, and welcome back to my Videojug Cooking For Kids series. Ok, I think this recipe is foolproof. It's
my spinach pesto, or Popeye's Pesto. So, a great tip is, if your kids don't like a certain
vegetable, like spinach for example, think of foods and dishes that they do like, and
try and figure out ways of incorporating those vegetables into those dishes.

I can't think
of many kids who don't love pasta pesto. So, first of all I have got some fresh, baby
leaf spinach. All you need for this recipe, by the way, is a food processor, or a hand
held blender is just as good. Pack it in; and it does go right down, I promise.
It seems like a lot but actually it does, you know, blend right down.

Of course, as ever, for the full ingredients
and details and measurements, head to the description box. Basil. Smells divine. I love basil.

In it
goes. I've also got some parmesan cheese, in it goes.This really is just a case of putting
things into your food processor. I'm going to use about five tablespoons of
olive oil, maybe you can use a little bit more if you want to. Rapeseed oil is great, too.

Five generous
spoonfuls, tablespoonfuls, by the way. A bit of seasoning. Don't be afraid to season your
kids' food; you know, too much salt's a bad thing, but a little bit does help. So, two
big pinches, about a quarter of a teaspoon is what you're looking for, a tiny bit more.
And the juice of half a lime gives it some zing.

If your lime isn't that juice, sometimes it
just depends what you get, feel free to use the other half, which actually, I think I'm
going to do to do. See this technique? I'm squeezing the lime through my fingers to catch
any pips. And really, that's it. Lid goes on, and we
whiz it up.

Right. There you go! How easy is that? It's
like, blink and you'll miss it. That's how you make pesto, you just bung it all in and
you whiz it up. So I'm going to, safety first, turn it off, give it a quick
test.

So fresh, really delicious. Ok, and then literally, you just serve it
up. I've got some pasta right here that I. Have precooked, and that was the timey thing,
you know, that's the thing that takes all the time.

And you just take it off, and you spoon it
on. So there we have it, my spinach pesto. And
listen, if you like the recipes like this, then you can subscribe to our Videojug YouTube
channel, follow us on Twitter at VideojugFood, or find us on Facebook, because we love to
hear all of your comments and ideas of all of our recipes, and maybe some of yours, too.
But for now, I think that this is so much nicer and fresher than the standard jar of
pesto that you can buy in the shops, and to prove it, mmm! It's tea for hungry kids, or
lunch for a hungry mum. Enjoy! That's it from me.

Hope to see you next time
for another Videojug Cooking for Kids in our fantastic series..

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes