Easy Cold Brew Coffee Recipe - COFFEE BREAK SERIES

Easy Cold Brew Coffee Recipe - COFFEE BREAK SERIES

Cold brew coffee is made by soaking coffee
grounds in cold or room temperature water for an extended period of time. It has a sweeter
flavor because you dont get that bitter acidity you get when you brew it with hot
water. You dont need any fancy equipment to make cold brew coffee. All you need is
a big jar, some delicious coffee beans and water!
I'll start with a large mason jar and fill it with 3 cups of filtered water.

Next, Ill
take  cup of fresh coffee beans and grind it into a medium to coarse ground. Its
really important to use quality coffee beans for your cold brew. Use either a robust medium
or dark roast. I really like this blend from Tiny Footprint Coffee - coldpress elixir #9.
Its has a combination of light and dark roasted beans specifically made for cold brew.
Its bold but smooth and chocolatey.

So look for something with a similar flavor profile.
But I especially like that this coffees fair trade, organic, and harvested with sustainable
practices. I'll Add the ground coffee to my water and
then I'll top off the jar with more water. Then I'll Make sure all of the coffee grounds
are wet. Ill gently punch down any remaining dry grounds into the water with the back of
a spoon but being careful not to stir it up.

Finally Ill seal it up air-tight and let
it brew at room temperature for 6 hours or ideally overnight. Cold brew coffee's natural
sweetness is due to its lower acidity because its brewed with cold water rather than
hot water. Ill strain it through my nut milk bag but
you can use a fine mesh sieve if you prefer. And there we have it, a beautifully concentrated
cold brew coffee that will instantly re-energize your afternoon.

I like to enjoy it over ice
with with an equal serving of milk. Sometimes I'll add a little bit of sweetener but like
I said, it already has natural sweetness so I think its perfectly balanced. If you
dont use it up right away it will last in the fridge for up to two weeks. Thanks
for watching another Coffee Break and Ill see you next time.

Bye!.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

 
  • Home Cooking Ideas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes